Hello everyone! I’m back in your inbox this morning with your new edition of the Mooresville Daily, fresh off the press. Let’s start this Friday off right, with a quick dive into everything you need to know about what’s happening in town these days…
First, today’s weather forecast:
Wet with a thunderstorm. High: 86 Low: 67.
👀 For local businesses and merchants: Attract more customers to Mooresville by sponsoring this daily newsletter, which is read by the same people you are trying to reach. Click here to find out more.
Here are the top three stories in Mooresville today:
- Piedmont Animal Rescue in Mooresville was forced to close, reportedly due to a lack of funding. According to a Fox46.com article, “(Rescue) leaders cited a significant increase in animal abandonment and a drastic decrease in adoptions over the summer months due to the holidays. The center also cited the economic uncertainty as the reason for declining donations at the moment. The nonprofit relief center said the closure is temporary and is closed until further notice. Donations can be made on the relief center website. “(Fox46.com)
- According to an article on Benzinger, “this year the The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration predicts another storm resumption. In addition to the costly damage and devastation that hurricanes leave behind, the wrecks caused by these natural disasters moves a host of animals and parasites. Needing food and shelter, rodents, ants, cockroaches, spiders and mosquitoes try to take refuge in damaged and damp houses, as well as in backyards with standing water. EarthKind®maker of Naturally Smarter® herbal pest control products, provides guidelines on preparing homes for displaced critters during this hurricane season.” (Benzinga)
- When looking for new digs, finding every new listing in the area can take hours of tedious browsing online. That’s why we’ve gone ahead and done the groundwork for you.
Here is a list of the five newest homes to come up for sale in and around the Mooresville area – including a 3-bed, 2-bath house for $400,000, and another with 3 beds, 4.5 baths for $850,000. (Mooresville Patch)
From my notebook:
- Mooresville NC Local History: “New from Local History and Archives at MPL: Did you know there was a special edition of the Mooresville Tribune published in 2005 to celebrate 100 years of learning with the Mooresville Graded School District?” (Mooresville NC Local History via Facebook)
- Feed CN: “Meet our Workforce Program students! We hope you’ll join us in welcoming them to the Feed NC family with open arms!” (Feeding NC via Facebook)
- Next door neighbor, Harbor Cove: “My neighbor will be 99 in two weeks. She loves to read all kinds of books. Can we reach 99 books as a special birthday present from the local community? All donations are welcome for a deposit at my house. Please feel free to include a birthday note. Let’s see if we can achieve this goal. I’ll update you regularly on this mission. Thank you!! Her name is Louise. Let’s include an invitation to walk by her house and beep It’s for Saturday July 23 at 167 Harbor Cove Lane The party starts at 4pm How cool would it be to hear 99 honks LOL I’m sure there will be balloons on the Letter box.” (The next door)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- SAT Master Strategies In-Person Class (July 17)
- Top 10 Divorce Mistakes and How to Avoid Them – Vesta’s Charlotte, NC Hub (July 20)
- Add your event
That’s all for today. I will see you soon!
— Karena Garry
About me: Journalism is in my veins! I have been a community journalist for most of the past 20 years. I love my small town community and am honored to be part of Patch.com. You can reach me at; [email protected]
Do you have a news tip or a suggestion for an upcoming Mooresville Daily? Contact me at [email protected]