BELLA VISTA — The Bella Vista Animal Shelter has announced a slate of fundraising events through October that shelter officials hope will be just as enjoyable for city residents as they are beneficial for shelter residents.
“We are very excited about all of these events,” said general manager Nancy Cullins. “All proceeds benefit Bella Vista Animal Shelter, and we seek corporate partners for each event to offset all costs.”
The list of events on the program so far includes:
• Cinco de Meow May 5 at the Riordan/Kingsdale Pavilion located at 3 Riordan Drive — “This is a new event for us to celebrate cats,” said Cullins. Crazy Willy’s Ice Cream and Typsy Gypsy will be on hand to offer treats and mango sangria. Tacos and drinks will be sold, and there will be music, pinatas and a 50/50 raffle. Cat-related items will also be on sale during the event, which begins at 11 a.m. and ends at 4 p.m.
• Garage sale June 6-12 at 2 Leafield Lane — “This is an annual garage sale hosted by Anita Werts, one of our board members, at her home,” said Cullins. “We are now accepting boxed donations of lightly used items for this sale.” Anyone needing more information or an appointment to drop off items is asked to call 479-366-2265. Large and specialty items will soon be available for sale online. Donations withheld until May 28 can be delivered to the venue of the event. Donors are asked not to deliver items to the shelter at this time. The garage sale will start at 8 a.m. and end at 4 p.m.
• The 17th Annual Par 4 Paws Golf Tournament on July 16 at Kingswood Golf Course — Registration is now open for the 4-person scramble event with assigned tee times. “You don’t have to be a member of the owners’ association to play,” Cullins said. Tee times begin at 7 a.m. and the entry deadline is July 8. Entry forms are available at any POA golf store, online at bellavista-animalshelter.org, or by email request. Sponsorship opportunities include Kitties Hole Sponsor ($150), Puppies Friend of Shelter ($500), and Big Dawgs Sponsor ($1,000). There will also be a raffle and door prizes. Call 479-366-2265 for more information or to become a sponsor.
• Chips and Dips August 13 at Bella Vista Animal Shelter – Pet owners can come in to have their pet microchipped and bathed for $20.
• Dog Days of Summer — The September date for this event has not yet been determined and will be based on the closing of the Riordan/Kingsdale pool.
• Wiener takes on all dog racing October 1 at the Loch Lomond Softball Complex – Entries open May 15.
Cullins urged everyone to visit the shelter’s website for updates on these events as well as any others that may be added to the list. This address is bellavista-animalshelter.org. Site visitors can also view the list of supplies needed at the shelter.
“It’s puppy and kitten season, so our list of necessary supplies has some things that puppies and kittens really need,” Cullins said.
This list includes Purina One Puppy Food, Purina Kitten Food, OdoBan Sanitizer, Bleach, Purina One Dog Food, and Purina Naturals Cat Food.
Cullins asked everyone who shop online through Amazon to consider making Bella Vista Animal Shelter their charity of choice on Amazon Smile. Buyers can log on to amazonsmile.com to learn more about the program.