Complete the Shelters event at the Berks County Animal Rescue League
On Saturday, August 29, 2020 from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., the Berks County Animal Rescue League will participate in Clear the Shelters, a national adoption event that has found more than 400,000 pet homes across the country since its inception in 2015. All animals at ARL will have a free adoption fee that day. For a smooth visitation and adoption process, ARL offers these tips to all visitors:
- The ARL follows all of the PA’s health and safety mandates and requires all guests to wear masks and practice social distancing, even outdoors. The ARL has set up a new waiting list at www.berksarl.org/hello to allow you to check in and join a virtual ‘line’ from the safety and comfort of your car until this time. or your turn to be assisted. You will be able to view your estimated wait time and communicate with staff via SMS at any time while you wait.
- Please plan to arrive early as there may be adoption waiting times. All available adoptable animals will be listed on the ARL website at www.berksarl.org. The site is updated every 12 minutes to reflect the most recent selection of people available to adopt. The ARL suggests that you browse it before your visit and select a few animals that you would like to meet.
- When you arrive at ARL, please check in online at www.berksarl.org/hello, then head to the tent to receive an adoption application to complete. All adoptions will be done on demand and with the guidance of an adoption counselor to help you and your family find the perfect pet.
- As your adoption counselor will primarily assist you outdoors, please dress appropriately. All canine meetings will take place outside. Meetings with the cats will take place outdoors via outdoor catios, or one family at a time can enter the shelter’s cat hall for a limited time to interact with the cats prior to their adoption counseling session.
- If you are considering adopting a dog and currently have other dogs in the home, the ARL encourages meetings and greetings to make sure your dogs get along. If your dog is not comfortable with a lot of people or a lot of other dogs, try to keep your dog away from crowds by staying with him in your refrigerated car or by walking around our property. until it’s your turn. adopt. Make sure to check in at the tent first to receive your adoption application.
- Please bring photo ID, along with a cat carrier or leash and collar. If you don’t have one, you can purchase these items at the shelter.
- You must be at least 18 years old to adopt.
- Under PA law, a dog permit fee of $ 7 applies at the time of adoption. These costs are not covered by your sponsored adoption. The ARL charges an additional $ 2 processing fee for all credit card transactions for dog licenses; if you prefer to avoid these charges, please bring cash or a check.
- For customers requiring assistance, the ARL will provide parking agents for additional assistance.
For any questions regarding Clear the Shelters, please contact the shelter at 610-373-8830.
The Berks County Animal Rescue League serves nearly 5,000 animals a year and is the county’s sole provider of cruelty-free and animal cruelty investigations. The organization’s full-service adoption center strives to find responsible and loving homes for thousands of kittens, puppies, cats and dogs, as well as working / barn cats and other animals each year. farm.
Clear Shelters event at Humane Pennsylvania
Although this year has been like a whirlwind, we are delighted to still be able to participate in the Empty shelters free adoption event. Owen (pictured above) is one of the many animals available for adoption at the free Clear the Shelters adoption event which ran from Friday August 28 through Sunday August 30 thanks to our generous sponsor, the Cooke family. This donation was made in honor of their Humane League dog, Barlie.
With the safety of our staff, volunteers and clients in mind, this adoption event will be a little different than in previous years, as we operate by appointment only. Dating is limited and will go through the same counseling and vetting process as always to make sure we make the best matches for everyone.
Interested in taking advantage of this free adoption weekend? Click here to view all of our adoptable animals and to complete an Adoption Interest Form.