—Wayne Pacelle, President of Animal Wellness Action
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, UNITED STATES, Oct. 25, 2022 /EINPresswire.com/ — Animal Wellness Action today announced its support for U.S. Representative Dina Titus in her re-election bid for Nevada’s First Congressional District.
No one has been more focused and supportive of animal welfare issues than Rep. Titus. At that convention, she and Senator Gary Peters, D-Michigan, worked to pass the PAW Act at that convention to direct the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to establish a related task force. best practices and federal guidelines for animals in emergencies and disasters.
She has been a leader on animal issues throughout her congressional career. There may not be a major animal welfare bill in the U.S. House that she hasn’t led or co-sponsored, including bills to ban breeding. of mink, to create a section on crimes of animal cruelty in the Department of Justice and the law on pregnant pigs. prohibit extreme confinement of breeding sows. She has been a strong advocate for the protection of wild horses and burros.
“Dina Titus is arguably the leading voice for animal welfare in the House,” said Wayne Pacelle, president of Animal Wellness Action. “She is indispensable to the cause of anti-cruelty, and we call on every voter in the First Congressional District who cares about animals to retain their right to vote in the United States House.”
• Titus was an early leader of the Companion Animals and Women’s Safety Act (PAWS), which extends federal domestic violence protections to include companion animals. She was also a strong supporter of the PACT Act (Preventing Animal Cruelty and Torture), which establishes a national anti-cruelty law for the first time in the history of our republic.
• Titus joined Rep. Nancy Mace, R.S.C., in a bipartisan fashion, introducing the Opportunities for Equity in Agriculture (OFF) Act that would create transparency and accountability to reform levy programs on USDA commodities that have long been criticized for misusing farmers’ money. are obliged to pay into the cash register and prevent anti-competitive practices in the market.
• Titus was one of the leaders of a 2020 House Appropriations Amendment designed by Animal Wellness Action to provide $11 million in funding to the Federal Bureau of Land Management to use birth control PZP in feral horse populations residing on public lands and introduced legislation in the current Congress to end mass helicopter raids of these iconic American treasures.
• Titus is a co-sponsor of the FDA Modernization Act to End Unnecessary, Expensive, and Inhumane Animal Testing. The measure would end an animal testing mandate for all new drug development protocols and allow alternative methods once validated, which would help reduce drug costs and time to market for palliatives and remedies.
• Titus continues to lead the PREPARED Act which establishes requirements governing the care of animals by entities, such as zoos, in the event of an emergency or disaster and requires that every research facility, dealer, exhibitor, middle manager and transporter develop and follow a contingency plan to provide for the humane handling, treatment, transportation, housing and care of their animals in the event of an emergency or disaster.
• Titus is one of the original co-sponsors of the Prevent All Soring Tactics (PAST) Act and voted in favor of the measure in July 2019 that would end one of the most egregious abuses in the world of horse shows, the painful practice of “soring” Tennessee Horses on foot.
• Titus co-sponsored the Horseracing Integrity and Safety Act, which came into effect in July of this year, enacted to ban the use of race-day doping in American horse racing. The measure created a uniform national standard for drug testing and trail safety overseen by the private, nonprofit Horseracing Integrity and Safety Authority.
• Titus is a co-sponsor of the Save America’s Forgotten Equines (SAFE) Act which would permanently end the slaughter of equines on US soil and the transportation of equines over state and federal lines for this purpose.
• Titus co-sponsored the Shark Fin Sales Elimination Act which could also be signed into law by the end of 2022.
Animal Wellness Action is a Washington, DC-based 501(c)(4) organization whose mission is to help animals by promoting legal standards prohibiting cruelty. We champion causes that alleviate the suffering of pets, farm animals and wildlife. We advocate for policies to end dog and cockfighting and other forms of malicious cruelty and to combat factory farming and other systemic forms of animal exploitation. To prevent cruelty, we encourage good public policies and work to enforce those policies. To enact good laws, we need to elect good legislators, and that’s why we remind voters which candidates care about our problems and which don’t. We believe that helping animals helps us all.
ANIMAL WELFARE ACTION
write to us here
Visit us on social media:
Rep. Dina Titus on ending the slaughter of American equines